Saturday, July 31, 2010

Pizza take Two

We're getting close folks.

As I've said before, Friday is ALWAYS family pizza night.  This takes on an entirely new meaning  when you are trying to stick to a gluten and dairy free plan.

Last week's experiment did not go as well as I would have liked, but as the old saying goes, if at first you don't succeed, try, try again.

That's just what I did.
First,was a trip to Whole Foods to stock my pantry with ALL the goodies needed for a gluten/dairy free kitchen.

Two hours and TOO many $$ later, and we were in business.

I was absolutely amazed with the results.  It was really good!

This recipe makes 1 large or 2 medium pizzas
 pre-heating the pizza stone produces a better quality crust, I left the stone in for about 10/15 minutes at 400

1 cup white rice flour
1 cup brown rice flour
1 cup tapioca flour
1 package yeast
2 tsp xanthan gum
dash of sugar and salt
olive oil
1 cup warm water

Sprinkle the yeast over 1/3 cup warm water(add a dash of sugar)
Add flour,xanthan gum, salt, olive oil, and water
knead until you have a smooth ball of dough ( I use the dough hook of my stand mixer)
Cover and let rise

Roll into desired size and shape
top ( I used Daiya Mozza shreds, and it was delicious)
bake 18 - 20 minutes at 400 degrees

I'm probably not done experimenting with pizza recipes, but I was pleasantly surprised this week.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your GF, DF diet. I'm also a homeschooling mom and GF. Try to do DF but I don't stick to it since it's not essential, although we are vegetarians. I'm going to try your pizza dough, looks good!
    Gfinaz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete