Friday, July 30, 2010

Pasta

I'll admit it, I'm a carbaholic.

The minute I think a food is off limits, I have to have it.

My pizza had mixed reviews, but I WILL find a recipe that works.

Last night I tried pasta, and it was GOOD! What a relief, because my family loves to eat pasta, and Stella and I love to make it.

Here's the recipe I used:
2 cups brown rice flour
2 cups Tapioca flour
3 or 4 eggs ( use 4 if they are smaller)
2 tsp xanthan gum
drizzle of olive oil and enough water to form a dough

mix dry  ingredients together, creating a well in the center
add eggs,oil, and water
mix/knead until you  the dough comes together

let rest, covered with a slightly damp towel
roll out  to desired thickness
this dough needs to be hand cut ( it does not hold up well in a pasta maker)

Fresh pasta does not take long to cook 3 - 5 minutes depending on the noodle size

Obviously, it does not taste like white pasta, but it really is good.

1 comment:

  1. You are amazing, home made GF pasta?!! Can't wait to hear more about the experience, and share mine. I lasted 4 months, but I did it! See you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete